Sunday 24 May 2009

Quidco..... Earn Cashback on everything you spend


About a year ago now, I signed up to a cashback website called Quidco and I have earned about £600 so far. I love Quidco and I am sure that you will too.

Basically, Quidco is a website who pay you cashback on your online spending. The amount that you will earn varies depending on how much you are spending, the product and the company.

They work with hundreds, if not thousands of different websites to give you the chance to earn extra money on your spending. If you have a look through their merchant directory and I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised at the companies who you can use.

Heres what to do:

* Register for a free account at www.quidco.co.uk. It is completely free to register and Quidco only charge you their £5.00 membership fee when your earnings exceed £5.00 and even then they just claim the fee from your earnings before they pay you.

* When you find something that you want to buy online, go to www.quidco.co.uk and search through the merchant directory to find the merchant you want to use, then click the link through to your selected site.

* You will then be redirected to the merchant's website, everything will look exactly the same but the merchant will know that you have been sent to them by Quidco and will therefore arrange to pay them the relevant amount of cashback following your purchase.

* You can then go back to Quidco and track your cashback, it can take up to 7 days for any cashback to show in your Quidco account as tracked and it can take up to 3 months for the money to be paid to your bank account but it is well worth it for the amount that you can earn.

There are loads of ways that you can maximise your Quidco earnings:

* When you have joined, select the Quidclans tab in the top right corner and look down the list of Quidclans for one of the no spend clans. When you find one, have a look through their posts as all of the no spend offers will be listed in there. This will save you going through all of the merchant. I recently got paid £7.00 to look at my credit file and £4.00 to recieve a kitten pack from Whiskas. Neither of these cost me anything and there are loads more offers like it.

* Renew your car and home insurance through companies on Quidco. I always check on a website like www.moneysupermarket.com to find the cheapest price first and then look on Quidco to see if the cheapest few companies offer cashback. You tend to find that the cashback on insurance is higher than on purchased and is usually between £50 and £120. I have just renewed my home insurance with Halifax through Quidco and received £55 from Quidco and a further £55 directly from Halifax as you still qualify for any merchant offers if you use Quidco.

* Switch utilty companies through Quidco; again, use a comparison website to establish the cheapest company for your needs and then use Quidco to make the switch. I find that this means that I am getting paid to switch to a company who will work out cheaper for me. I do this about once a year and I review my gas and electric provider, my telephone provider and my internet provider.

**If you use a comparison website it is a good idea to clear the cookies on your computer before going back on to Quidco to click through to the merchant.**

I thought Quidco was too good to be true when I first joined but I have to say that I am a big, big fan now. The extra money that I have earned speaks for itself.


.

1 comment:

  1. I use Quidco too - when I remember! I've noticed that you've posted a couple of links to their website. Did you know you can refer people? Just sign in to your Quidco account to view your unique link. It's not much but pennies make pounds, as they say. :)

    ReplyDelete