Saturday 23 May 2009

Reduced Price Cinema Tickets

A few months ago we went to the pictures to see Bolt (the 3d version), by the time we had paid for the entry into the film and the 3d glasses that you had to buy, it cost £23 for the four of us. It was an ok film and the kids really enjoyed it but I begrudge paying that much to watch a film that was less than an hour and a half long. The problem is though, that the kids love going to the pictures so I don't want to stop taking them. I have two solutions:


* Anyone who has a Cineworld cinema near them can take the kids on a Saturday morning to see a film for £1.00 (adults and kids). There are usually three or four films to choose from and they all start at 10.00. This morning we went to see Madagascar 2 and loved it although I think I enjoyed it more because it only cost £4.00! The other films we could have chosen were Hotel for dogs or Happy feet.

* Buy an Orange Sim card if you haven't already got one and go on Orange Wednesdays, I am not sure but I think this is buy one get one free. You can get a Sim card from somewhere like Ebay for next to nothing and then you will be able to take advantage of this offer. Watch out though the queues are longer on a Wednesday so get there in plenty of time. We went to see Hannah Montana and the queue was out the door and down the road.

I can't help you out with the cost of everything while you are in there though. Its absolute extortion. My husband asked for a bag of Revels today and couldn't believe that they cost him £3.00. The kids got a pick and mix each and that came to a fiver, I wouldn't mind but they only got a few sweets each.

So the entrance to the pics was moneysaving but once we were in there we managed to spend it like water........

No comments:

Post a Comment