Sunday 7 June 2009

Save money on your water bills....


Do you have a water meter fitted at home? If not, this is something worth looking into as it has cut my bills from £32.00 a month to about £50.00 a quarter!

The general rule of thumb is that if you have more bedrooms in your house than people living there, a water meter will save you but that doesn't always apply as there are four of us and the savings have been massive. The link below helps you to work out in about 2 minutes if a water meter will save you.

Will I benefit from a water meter?


If you decide to get one fitted, there are ways that you can cut down on your water usage without any hassle, my water board give out free inflatable bags for your toilet cistern which mean less water is used every time you flush....

My daughters teacher at school taught her that 'If its Yellow, let it mellow.... If its brown, flush it down!!' Not sure about that but you get the point.

I have loads of other ways to save money on my website:

http://www.sortyourfinancesout.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment