Wednesday 3 June 2009

Cheap Days out....

With Summer approaching, the weather should be getting nicer (in theory) and the kids will need to be entertained while they are off school. If your kids are anything like mine, they will drive you mad by the end of the Summer holidays and you will end up counting the days until September rolls around again......

I always find it helps me to have a few days out planned. I try to space them out throughout the Summer I can bribe them both to be good. Does that make me a bad parent? To be fair, even if it does it also helps to keep me a sane parent so I guess I can live with that!

Seriously, I want my kids to grow up and be able to look back and remember all of the fun things that they did when they were younger. You should see me follow them around with a camera wherever we are. We didn't have a car when I was growing up but we did travel on the bus or train to visit loads of interesting places and now that my kids are 6 and 4, I love that we can just jump in the car and take them somewhere interesting.

I have found a great website that says it is the Number 1 place for discounted days out in the UK. After using the site when planning my day trip to London last week, I am happy to confirm that I agree with this..... You can actually search over 7,000 attractions, broken down by area within the UK and there are loads of printable vouchers for days out, attractions, theme parks, places to go and fun things to do across the UK.

We went to London by train last weekend and I wanted to fit in as much as possible without spending a fortune so I spent a while on this site and then armed with all of my vouchers, we had a fantastic money saving day.http://www.daysoutuk.com/

The money we saved meant that we could spend an hour in Hamleys Toy store and buy the kids plenty of treats.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment